Sunday, March 8, 2009

Betrayal

(this post references the "Double Edged Sword" post below)

Betrayal is your edge of your own sword being slashed into you by someone not yourself, leaving you surprised and deeply wounded.

I do not prepare for betrayal. I refuse to live my life wincing from potential pain. I hold my sword still and I press myself to it without a shield or armour. (I like the English spelling better.) A shield represents a shell to hide behind. Armour symbolizes an immobilizing fear. I do not want to live in fear of pain. As horribly violated as I've been, I still choose to hide behind nothing.

My scars vary in depth but I have many. I present my heart as openly during times of war as I do in peace. Vulnerability in this type of raw position makes average attackers stop to think. Reevaluating whether or not a person who holds their sword with such openness, kindness, honesty and faith often lessens an assault own sword. I hope to provide clarity and reflection with my unwavering blades.

Unprovoked acts of hate can never be justified when my sword stands still. The one who still permits himself an envious push to my honest blade, an emotional attack on my open heart, a physical rape of my beautiful body, will never feel the freedom I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment