Thursday, February 26, 2009

"Youth" (A bit of a rant, a bit of reality)

Ad agencies are all over the "youth" because we're in the social networks, the digital age and the interactivity of world, and more specifically advertising. 

It's in our books. It's in our minds. It is all one thing. It is so silly for students to have a separate section for "digital" work. It's integrated into our campaigns, so why would we separate those from the whole concept.

Awesome agencies should not be and hopefully do not want a book or website separated between traditional and digital. (And for the record, I don't think that Print is dead, but I strongly believe that it has to get a lot more special and elite.

Social networks follow a similar story. I connect with people instantly. E-mail is almost as outdated for me as the USPS. Immediacy is valuable.

It is a way to truly stay connected with so many more people. It makes our world entirely smaller than before. I can see and talk to almost anyone I've met and cared to keep in touch with around the world. It's a part of my life as much as a rolodex was a part of yours--if you have and even know what it is. I've never owned a physical rolodex.

No comments:

Post a Comment