Tuesday, February 10, 2009

If I were a BIG IDEA... & venting and rambling.

I pursue advertising through art direction and design with so much love and passion. It is the job I knew I would always have since I was 13 years old. However, the concept of "making it big" didn't yet apply to anything I thought.

My talent and passion for dancing and choreography equalled those for advertising. I have a stronger sense of confidence on stage with myself and my choreography and moves. A performance of a piece that communicates flows. I translate this feeling of expression to my art direction. My page becomes a stage. When I design, I feel like I am a bit freer, like I'm dancing.

Dance is advertising in 3D. Well, it could be. It should be. Dance is an untapped advertising media that I am going to use to create the bridge that can connect my disconnected loves of my life. They're both so similarly connected through the arts and emotions, performing to an audience to make them feel something.

A "BIG IDEA" opens a fresh perspective. Some will love, some will hate, but dance is a old-new way and venue for people to connect emotionally and more personally to people. I'll take the slivers in my feet to bring this idea to life.

As valuable and intriguing digital media is, the minute we stop speaking to and seeing people, our businesses will be shipped to places in India and China where they can write and produce our "digital" world because we will be so lost from our "original world".

I'm still QR Coding on a lot of ads, using e-paper, OLED paint on walls, inventing apps and widgets, but I can see down the road the raw fine beauty in what will be left of the human-made, tangible world. I wont slip out of the "know" of what's happening on the digital scene. But I'll also rise from the cluttered and competitive screen media with ideas and executions that reach people more humanly.

I will maintain a very niche market of personality, art and emotion and tangible advertising. Person to person advertising is not as mass of a market as the screen, but I think that's where the uniqueness and beauty revives itself and becomes cherished.

When the world is fully digitized, there probably wont have been any human contact with any of our products. I think there will be a resurgence of human-made, tangible, craft and that it will bear so much capture to the gems of the pieces that innovate in a different direction.

When I unite my two passions, they will flow like high and low pressure zones coming together and forming a tornado. One powerful force created despite its danger in uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment