Friday, January 16, 2009

Identifying my Identity

If I were a color, I'd be both cadmium yellow and crimson.
If I were a typeface, I'd be Baskerville regular.
If I were a scent, I'd be gasoline.
If I were a food, I wouldn't have to cook it.
If I were a metal, I'd be yellow gold.
If I were a rock, I'd be transparent rose quartz.
If I were a drink, I'd be Mountain Dew.
If I were a drug, I'd be caffeine.
If I were a shape, I'd be a circle (if 2D) sphere (if 3D).
If I were an article of clothing, I'd be a Rambo style headband.
If I were a season, I'd be summer.
If I were a ball, I'd be a disco ball.
If I were an age forever, I'd be 30. 
If I were an instrument, I'd be a baby grand piano.
If I were a car, I'd be a 911 Porsche Cabriolet or a Jeep Wrangler.
If I were a sport, I'd be dance or water skiing.
If I were a temperature, I'd be 82.
If I were a holiday, I'd be the 4TH of July.
If I were a criminal, I would not be me.
If I were an animal, I'd be a Lion.
If I were to predict my last living words, I'd say thank you.
If I were a Greek or Roman goddess, I'd be Athena/Minerva.
If I were a toy, I'd be the Badgley Mischka Barbie or crayons.
If I were an emotion, I'd be surprise or amusement.
If I were an American decade of the past, I'd be the 1920s.
If I were a period in time, I'd be Hellenistic Greece.
If I were able to have a superpower, I'd be able to fly.
If I were something in the sky, I'd be a firework.
If I could secure one thing for my future, I'd secure my sight/vision.
If I were a facial expression, I'd be a smile from ear to ear.


If my life was a made into a movie, Dakota Fanning and Jennifer Aniston would play me, and they'd have stunt doubles who could dance.
If my life had a soundtrack, this is what you would hear:
1. Summer Overture, Clint Mansell
2. Shoot the Moon, Norah Jones
3. I'll Be, Edwin McCain
4. Hotel California, Eagles
5. Seven Days in Sunny June, Jamiroquai
6. Beautiful, Moby
7. Colorblind, Counting Crows
8. Wait a Minute, Osborne
9. Crazy Train (Techno Version), Ozzy Osborne & Madonna
10. Can I Walk With You, India Arie
11. Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, Bach, Yo Yo Ma
12. 13.6.35, Belleruche
13. Circus, Britney Spears
14. A Beautiful Mess, Jason Mraz
15. Just Push Play, Aerosmith
16. Back in Black, AC/DC
17. Just Dance, Lady GaGa & Colby O'Donis

3 comments:

  1. If you were a punctuation, which one would you be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now in my life I am the "?" very mysterious and new place in the game. I am very much so fresh in a new game filled with hope but with that hope comes it's opposite force, anxiety. I would love to keep learning about this person, know everything I can, meet his family, have him meet mine and really explore each other's minds. I want answers, but I don't have them all yet. Hopefully they are coming. Only tim will tell. I will have to keep you updated on this ? relationship, Jackie :)

    I've experienced some various forms of relationship punctuation throughout my life. I've cried after the . and it went to a : which made even more drama in the space between those two tiny little dots. Our colon tipped over and we both found ourself with our faces slammed the floor (no actual violence existed, but you get my metaphor).

    I am doing the , too, and suppose I could still be waiting for the sentence to finish with that one, but it's reserved for only very special circumstances, which one usually wishes for more than the other because as good as terms can be, there was a separation so there exists some resentment somewhere. Commas especially when the two people are not apart for reasons of too much difference in life situation, ability or non-ability to make future goals and discuss the shared witness of life, something that should be inspiring bettering and ingrained with encouragement.

    But I could see myself entering into a semicolon in 5-10 years just because I don't think it's necessary to cap those commas off, so as long as my mind doesn't remember the incomplete sentence daily, I'm in a great place. For me to become a semicolon, the colon portion would really have to fight, prove, provide, decide and a lot more things if he really thought that our being a semicolon was the right thing to do. This may actually fall into the ellipses as well. So much uncertainty, but land and time currently separate.

    I have never been in a : relationship, unless my period somehow turned into this broken down colon.

    The good old ! No, I have not found this rare gem to punctuate a relationship. I reserve it for marriage. The ! is equivalent to a ring, a promising vow, and a kiss to seal the deal. My parents seem to be proof that it's possible. I think the key is to keep your mind in love. You cannot rely on the comfortability and safety and security from someone, or the dinners, the clean underwear and the kids' well being (not giving them gender rolls, they could even come from a daycare and a dry cleaner... not in that order...)to perpetuate a relationship. The love that made you fall in love needs to still process as a chemical in your brain. You need to actively wake your dopamine receptors in the main instinctual cavity of your brain and feel that pound of your heart when you see each other again. At least every once in a while, but the more the married-er you'll stay, happily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an !, the only addendum I'd make would be to argue against the purely chemical breakdown of love. You look in those eyes, and there's something there chemists can't quite summarize. Something deeper.

    ReplyDelete