Friday, May 27, 2011

Mind Games

It never ceases to amaze me the difference of perspectives I have when I'm feeling high from when I'm feeling low. The simplest things can make me soar, so high and so fast that I feel weightless when I realize I'm there. When I'm up, I'm invincible. I've been known to be one whom excellent opportunities find, and cuddle into my lap. Though, when I'm down, I'm invisible. Ghosts don't get great opportunities handed to them because no one knows they're there. This is what happens when I disappear. Nothing. Nothing happens.

Surprise bouquets of flowers from my lover flutter my wings. An instance which picks me up enough when I'm losing myself to remember, to keep going and keep believing. An unexpected offer of a promotion during a job interview sweeps me clear off my feet. The mind is truly transformational in these instances. The body experiences physical manifestations from pure, emotional highs. To illustrate this point, my 5" suede, ankle-boot heels aggravated my bones on my way there, nervous and unsure, but on the way home they felt like cozy slippers with gel inserts, cushioning my leaps of joy.

It is important to take note when one experiences these shifts of inner being. I feel the need to create something physical to serve as a souvenir of this conscious challenge which I overcame and surpassed. This is a written and remembered trophy of my mental status, my joy, my invincibility, to use when I'll fear I'll disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment